- Are we Insured
- You are advised to have you own Health and travel insurance. We carry third party liability Insurance.
- Which airport do we fly to
- Best to fly into Malindi a 20 minute drive from Watamu. There are several airlines that travel here. Kenya Airways Air Kenya, and Fly 540. You may fly to Mombasa which involves a 2.5 hour drive.
- Do you charge to collect and drop us off
- We do not charge to collect you from Malindi, however Mombasa will cost approximately $120 each way for a vehicle.
- Are we allowed to drink & smoke on the course
- You are served wine with your meals and a small stock of beer is also kept. Regarding smoking you are requested not to smoke in course time or in the house.
- I do not like running
- Although running is a core activity you do not have to do it, a good alternative is a brisk walk.
- I cannot swim very well
- You do not have to be a good swimmer to participate in any of the activities, however you should be able to stay afloat. Buoyancy aids are provided for the kayaking and scuba diving.
- I am a qualified scuba diver how much diving can I do on the course
- You should be able to fit in at least 3 dives and if you opt to extend your stay there are unlimited diving opportunities.
- If I wish to do the scuba lesson as an additional activity how much time is taken up and do I get a licence at the end
- We will run you through a sanctioned programme which involves an hours lecture, an hour in the pool, and a shallow supervised dive to 12 metres. You may receive credit for this by counting it towards a full certification course.
- Can I bring my own scuba equipment
- Yes but bear in mind weight restrictions on your flight. Best to bring your own Mask and fins and hire the rest from us.
- How does the tandem jump work
- We go up to 10000ft above the sea and you jump out strapped onto the front of a qualified tandem master. You land on the beach in front of the house!
- What does the 1 day safari option involve.
- After breakfast we drive approximately 2 hours to a nearby camp that borders a Park Called Tsavo East. You may cycle the last 25kms shorter if you wish An afternoons game drive followed by an evening around the camp fire listening to all the bush sounds. The next morning you have an option of doing a game drive or a 2 hour cycle ride with your professional guide who is armed. After luncn we return to Watamu to continue. having fun!
- Do we get a day off
- Yes and you are free to do as you please or concentrate on one of your favourite activities.
- How far are your runs
- This depends on you fitness level. However between 3-5 kilometers or further if you wish.
- Where do you run and does someone come with us.
- We run early mornings on the beach admiring the fantastic sun rises and in the afternoon in the nearby Sokoke forest.
- How far are your cycles and where do we cycle
- Our cycle rides are between 15 and 30 kilometers. We take you into the hinterland, on forest paths, along the side of the massive Mida Creek, through locals villages keeping away from the road traffic.
- Can I bring my own saddle and pedals to fit onto one of your bikes
- You may
- What sort of bike do you use
- Mountain bikes of the Trek Variety
- What type of kayaks do you use
- We have a choice of Kayaks i.e. easy sit ons, sit ins with splash decks, and expedition kayaks.
- Do you do kayak lessons
- We have a qualified Kayak instructor who can show you how to be a safe and competent kayaker.
- What if I am a vegetarian
- You should advise us in advance and we can adjust your menu accordingly. You may even tell us what you would like!
- What type of food do we get
Take a look at our sample menu
Breakfast: juices, fruit, yoghurt, muesli, tea & toast
Lunch: burgers & chickpea salad & green salad
- Starter: butternut soup
- Main: fish kebabs & rice
- Is there a bank where you are
- Yes there are several where you can draw cash from an ATM
- Can we go out at night
- You may go out at night but it is best you go with one of the course instructors who can take you to the best spots!
- More questions feel free to ask.
Don't fancy a run on the beach? lie in. Its not a boot camp!
If you do not want the add on programme to Tsavo East, there is plenty to do at base.
|0600 - Beach run||Lie in|
|0800 - Kayak sea front||0800 - Scuba dive ship wreck/Water aerobics|
|1400 - Depart Tsavo East (cycle last 25km)||1200 - Kayak to Mida bird hide in creek and lunch with the local fishermen|
|1700 - Game drive|
If you not up for an add-on 10,000ft tandem jump over the ocean, no worries, try a bit of Zumba!
|Tsavo Option||Watamu Option|
|0600 - Game drive/guided cycle lunch|
|0900 - Chill||0900 - Forest walk & cycle to Sabaki river Picnic|
|1500 - Return Watamu||1400 - Tandem jump onto beach/Zumba|